Surrounded by rolling hills, forests and deep blue sky, this gorgeous architecturally designed cottage offers a secluded oasis in the foothills behind Mooball National Park. Not only are the sunsets perfectly reflected in the beautiful dam on the property, but the resident chickens will ensure that their gentle clucking will welcome in the morning light.
Only a short drive from Byron Bay and Coolongatta Airport, Mango Tree Cottage is perfectly positioned for couples or families looking for a relaxing mini-break with a difference. The two well-positioned bedrooms both feature impressive views over the gently rolling hills, while the adjoining sunrooms convertible sofa bed can accommodate two more guests, making this a convenient option for large families or groups. The master bedroom includes an adjoining ensuite, with toiletries supplied, features a freestanding claw-foot bath, surrounded by windows and an incredible view of the surrounding trees.
The undisputed centre of the home is the open plan kitchen and living space, complete with a freestanding slow-burning wood fireplace for the cooler months. The fully equipped kitchen has a country inspired wooden island bench that includes a breakfast bar, and a sealed cement floor throughout thats perfect for pets. Evenings can be spent on the covered deck watching the sunset, cooking on the large barbeque or reading in the comfortable couches.
The property boasts large grassy areas for children and pets to run around, and apart from the chook pen, youll also share the extensive open grounds with two friendly Huacaya breed alpacas, named Billy and Emmy.
The cottage is a fully furnished self contained Pottsville holiday accommodation boasting 2 bedrooms plus sunroom with sofabed (for extra guests) that is kids (portacot & high chair booster seat available on request), and pet friendly (with fenced-in area)!
Come and experience it for yourself!
Pets are allowed inside; however, they are not allowed on furniture or beds.
- Entire deck which measures 50 sq mtrs has secured gates and is enclosed for the protection of all pets.
- Sizeable lawn area next to the cottage and massive paddock where pets can run around.
- Inside of cottage has polished concrete flooring (no carpets or the like).
- Welcome treats on arrival. Toys, bedding, and food and water bowl provided.
***Rates displayed above may not be valid for "off-peak & peak dates" or other "special events" periods, (eg. concert events/length of stay, etc). Please make a booking request via Aabode.com to receive a quote***
10 Reasons to Stay:
- Do Nothing -- just relax, unwind, and recharge on the daybed on the large deck
- Pet friendly with fenced-in deck and large flat lawn
- Bicycle path from Pottsville to Kingy
- Surf the waves at Caba and Black Rocks
- Catch a Bream/Perch at the Mooball Estuary
- Explore Pottsville Markets on 1st and 3rd Sunday
- Drive south to Brunswick Heads, Byron Bay, Lennox Head....or north to Salt Village, Kingscliff, Gold Coast (all just less than 30 mins away)
- Enjoy sun-filled day basking on the beach
- Watch dolphins and whales do their annual migration at Hastings Point lookout
- BluesFest/Splendour/Falls Fest sites just a quick 15 mins drive
- Outdoor eating area
- Kitchen utensils
- Kitchen crockery
- Cooking pots and pans
- Hair dryer
- Iron and ironing board
- Towels provided
- Linen provided
- Washing machine
- Golf course
- BBQ area
- Nearby attractions
- Dog park
- Bushwalking trails
- Single or Couples
- Family friendly
- Indulgence and luxury
- LGBTQI Friendly
- Check-in after: 3:00:00 PM
- Check-out before: 10:00:00 AM
- Bond: 300 AUD
- Cleaning Fee: 90 AUD
- Up to 30 days before the start of the rental period: 100% of the rental
- 30 days before the start of the rental period: 100% of the rental.
To find out more about our terms and conditions please contact us via mangotreecottage.com.au