Step inside Kookawood and step back in time.
This unique property built using recycled windows, doors, bridge beams and stone looks as though it is over 100 years old.
Every room is filled with antiques and curios from the past.
Inside you will be amazed by the 8m high cathedral ceilings and huge rustic timber beams.
Both bedrooms/ lounge/dining/ loft library room and verandah have fabulous views over the Blue Mountains.
Living spaces lounge/ dining/ kitchen are open plan with vaulted ceiling to the second floor. Ample seating with 6 armchairs and 2 lovely 3 seat lounges.
Upstairs Library room has 3 seat lounge and 2 armchairs.
The country kitchen is fully equipped with fridge, large English oven, microwave and plenty of crockery/utensils for cooking - dining table seats 6 people.
Lounge room has large TV/Foxtel/CD/DVD/Movies/Board Games
2nd bedroom has a TV with DVD and free to air channels
PREPAID WIFI is available $20 FOR 3 GB or $30 for 6 GB but you must notify us prior to arrival so we can activate it for you.
An enormous stone fireplace heats the entire house plus split system aircon for heating and cooling.
The bathroom features a romantic clawfoot bath & overhead shower.
A toilet is in separate room next to the laundry with an eco-friendly toilet and hand basin
Laundry has a dryer and washing machine.
Telstra and Optus mobile reception is good.
We do have prepaid wifi device - pay upon arrival by calling Telstra and uploading data using your credit card details ( info at the house )
Library room /office upstairs
North facing outdoor entertaining area with views of the mountains and large BBQ.
Enjoy the luxury of an outdoor bath with fantastic views of the Blue Mountains.
***Please note: pricing is based on a couple***
Additional fee of $50 p/p per night applies to extra adults and must be mentioned when booking or making an enquiry.
This is an adults-only property. ( not suitable for children )
LAKE LYELL 5 minute drive - fishing swimming water sports boating skiiing etc
JENOLAN CAVES - 35 km drive away
KATOOMBA - sightseeing 40 minute drive bushwalks / rock climbing
Rock climbing at Tarana 30 minutes drive.
- WiFi internet
- Stunning views
- Air conditioning
- On demand TV
- DVD player
- Board games
- BBQ facilities
- Pet friendly
- No smoking
- Outdoor eating area
- Kitchen utensils
- Kitchen crockery
- Cooking pots and pans
- Welcome pack
- Hair dryer
- Iron and ironing board
- Towels provided
- Linen provided
- Washing machine
- BBQ area
- Nearby attractions
- Bushwalking trails
- Living room
- Dining room
- Lounge room
- Parking spaces
- Private garden
- Single or Couples
- Family friendly
- Check-in after: 3:00:00 PM
- Check-out before: 10:00:00 AM
- Bond: 200 AUD
Booking means the period for which you have paid to stay at the Property which is a home business
Property means house land and all its fixtures, fittings and equipment.
Management means the owners and managers of the Property.
"Guests means the persons who stay overnight in the Property during the Booking.
"Visitor" means a person a Guest permits to visit the Property during the Booking.
2. ACCEPTANCE & RESPONSIBILITY.
- Confirmation of this booking constitutes complete and total acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as mentioned on your booking confirmation.
3. CHECK IN/ OUT
- Check-in time is not before 3 pm on the arrival date and check out time is not later than 10 am on departure date.
- Late departure is subject to prior arrangement and availability and extra charges may apply (please enquire).
- You must provide a contact address and mobile contact number when you confirm the booking.
- Check-in/check-out and key collection/return and directions to the property will be sent to you on confirmation of the booking :-
Payment must be received within 24 hrs of confirmation being sent by us
If a payment is not made within the required time period after the Booking is taken by Management the confirmation will be made void and another enquiry will be required by the guest to ensure dates are still available.
(specific details for your booking will be given to you on confirmation email ).
- Payments of the amount due must be received in Australian $net of any bank or other transaction charges.
- Please ensure payments are made within the specified time limits or the Booking will be cancelled automatically without notice or liability to you.
We accept payment via our bank account a week prior to arrival date .
- Personal cheques will be accepted if received at least 30 days prior to arrival.
5. CANCELLATION OR VARIATION
If you wish to vary or cancel your Booking, please contact us immediately
changes by email will not be accepted (sometimes they go missing and we do not receive them)
The sooner we receive your cancellation the easier it is to get a replacement booking
- Management will take no responsibility for cancellations by the tenant due
to road, weather or transport conditions, electrical, gas outages,sickness or any
other event outside of its direct control. This also includes personal
issues experienced by the tenant. ( sorry no execptions)
- Should you be eligible for a refund of the balance it will be made through your chosen payment method at time of Booking.
- We have a minimum nights stay policy of 2 nights. No refund will be made for a variation to the extent that it breaches our minimum nights stay policy.
- Smoking is not permitted inside.
- If the Property becomes unavailable for your occupancy due to unforeseen circumstances (eg. fire, storm, damage, etc) will inform you immediately - any moneys paid will be refunded in full.
Management reserves the right to cancel any confirmed booking prior checkin date
- If management does cancel a booking any deposit paid by the guest will be refunded in full.
In the event of a storm or weather conditions that result in power outage - guests already staying at the cottage will not
be compensated or refunded any money paid. There is a gas cooker , log fire for heating, alternative lighting plus many books
and a radio to keep guests comfortable until power is returned to normal.
8. PARTIES & FUNCTIONS - EXTRA PERSONS ( VISITORS )
Either Parties and Functions are strictly prohibited if you plan on having any visitors other than those confirmed on your booking you must get permission from us prior to your arrival giving number of guests sorry children are not permitted.
9. LINEN AND TOWELS
We supply linen, pillows, blankets and towels which must be left where supplied in the bedrooms or bath room on departure.
10. PETS (CONDITIONS APPLY - 1 dog maximum (possibility of 2 small dogs please enquire) must be well behaved, not aggressive or dangerous
All dogs must be on a leash when walking thru paddocks near cows and horses - some are quite old and unable to run away if they are chased or dogs try to play with them.
This can cause stress and serious injury to them - and if approached from behind they may kick causing possible injury to your pet. We accept no responsibility for your pet while it is on our property or neighbouring properties.
Owners must pick up after their pets before departure and put rubbish in bins provided
any damage to furniture or property caused by pets will be charged back to the owner please advise us before departure so we can have it repaired before the arrival of the next guests.
We have doggie doors/bowls/bed/toys they can use during their holiday.
We do hot have ticks at Kookawood (not to our knowledge we have never found one on our pets)
For the comfort /health and safety of future guests and their pets all dogs must be treated for fleas before arrival.
Owners of dogs that shed hair are required to use the vacuum provided to remove any pet hair from the carpets / floors.
Do not leave dogs at the house unattended if they are likley to bark - constant barking will not be tolerated
( we do understand that they do bark occasionally and that is fine) If your pet is likely to bark while you are out please take them with you.
Do not leave dogs alone locked inside the house if there is a chance they will scratch doors and screens
Linen / blankets at the house are for human use only please bring your own doggie blanket or sheets if you think they may jump on furniture.
Our pond water feature is covered with bird mesh which is easily damaged if your dog jumps in the pond cost to replace net if there is either a small or large hold in it will be chaged back to the owner $70
(please keep dogs out of the water feature as it is not an not easy job to replace)
11. YOUR OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
- You must comply with all applicable House Rules and all instructions from Management and the caretakers of the Property concerning
occupancy, property, health, safety and quiet enjoyment of the Property .
- You are responsible for damage, breakages, theft and loss of the Property and any part of it during your stay. You must notify us of this immediately
- Management will recover costs from you if repairs or replacement of damaged item/s are required.
- Only the guests nominated and agreed in the Booking may stay in the Property over night. If any other guests stay extra charges will apply.
- Before departure, all rubbish put in the appropriate rubbish bins provided, and crockery and cutlery washed and packed away. The Property must be left in a clean and tidy condition.
- Extra cleaning charges may be incurred for the cleaning of dirty dishes, washing machine, dishwasher, emptying the fridge,removal of excessive rubbish etc.
- All furniture and furnishings must be left in the position they were in when you arrived
- The property should be vacated on time .
- You are responsible for the safekeeping and replacement keys. Loss of keys - replacement cost of cutting new set of keys
- Smoking is not permitted inside the Property
12. PROBLEMS OR COMPLAINTS
In the case of any problem or complaint, you must inform Management at the earliest opportunity so Management has the chance to rectify the situation as quickly and efficiently as possible.You must allow repair/service access to the property during reasonable hours.
Any complaint, which cannot be resolved locally, must be notified in writing to Management prior to departure from the Property.
Failure to follow this procedure this may hinder the ability of Management to rectify the problem or complaint and reduce or extinguish any claim you may have.
13. Liability and Insurance / Assurances
All visitors/guests are recommended to arrange their own holiday insurance, including medical cover as required. The owners can accept no responsibility for accidents. The owners of Kookawood will not accept any liability for any loss, injury or damage of any nature however sustained to or by any person in the course of their occupation of the property and the land belonging adjacent thereto as a result of the occupation of that property or any activity carried out in the course of such occupation however sustained, such activity and occupation are carried out at the individual's own risk.
The tenant accepts full responsibility and agrees to indemnify the owner for any injury or death to themselves, guests, animals or any other person on the property during the term of their booking.