Country House Retreat offers guests the chance to experience all the charm of a farm stay, but with a touch of luxury. Situated just 15 minutes from Lakes Entrance and 10 minutes from Metung, it's the ideal location for a peaceful and relaxing holiday in the country away from the crowds. This pet friendly and accessible homestead is surrounded by beautiful countryside in the small hamlet of Nungurner, with access to the Gippsland Lakes just a 4 minute drive away.
The house sleeps up to 10 comfortably so is perfect for large families or groups of friends travelling together. There are four bedrooms in total, two bathrooms and spacious living and play areas. The house has been recently renovated so feels fresh and inviting throughout.
The modern kitchen is stocked to feel like a home away from home with cook top, oven, microwave and dishwasher, plus Delonghi kitchen gadgets and Expressi coffee pod machine. Arrival kitchen and bathroom provisions are supplied to get your stay off to a great start. Outdoors you'll find a large entertainment deck complete with wood fire pizza oven, outdoor heated spa, views of surrounding farm land and hammocks strewn around to relax in with a good book. The home also caters for all abilities with a range of complimentary mobility aids available upon request. View our Access Statement here.
In the cooler months enjoy a cosy log fire (wood supplied) or simply switch on the split system for instant warmth and comfort. Stretch out on the plush leather sofa for some screen time in front of the 55 inch HD TV, or plug your favourite tunes into the portable speaker and dance like no-one's watching (no one will be, aside from a curious cow or two).
Pets that are clean and flea free are permitted indoors on non-carpeted areas or if your furry friend prefers the great outdoors there is an enclosed dog run adjacent to the home. The house yard is securely fenced allowing both children and pets to roam freely and safely around the large lawn area.
BEDDING CONFIGURATION - 4 Bedrooms (sleeps 10)
1 x Queen Bed
1 x Tri-Bunk Bed (sleeps 3)
1 x Tri-Bunk Bed (sleeps 3)
1 x King Bed or 2 x King Singles (sleeps 2)
Nungurner Jetty on the Gippsland Lakes is just a four minute drive away and is a perfect spot for fishing, swimming and watersports. It has a small sandy beach area and the calm waters are well suited for families with young children. The cute nearby township of Metung has a great waterpark and play area for children, lovely cafes, a village store for supplies and a great pub overlooking the lake. The regional weekend Farmers markets, Nyerimilang Park and the hidden underworld of Buchan Caves are all well worth visiting and thrill seekers will love the mountain bike trails of nearby Colquhoun State Forest.
- Kitchen utensils
- Kitchen crockery
- Cooking pots and pans
- Hair dryer
- Iron and ironing board
- Towels provided
- Linen provided
- Washing machine
- BBQ area
- Family friendly
- Indulgence and luxury
- LGBTQI Friendly
- Check-in after: 2:00:00 PM
- Check-out before: 10:00:00 AM
- Bond: 200 AUD
- Up to 14 days before the start of the rental period: 50% of the rental
- 14 days before the start of the rental period: 100% of the rental.
- First night deposit is required to secure the booking. Payment of the rental deposit constitutes the clients acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- A deposit equal to 50% of the tariff is required for peak periods of Christmas, January & Easter, payable 3 months in advance, with the balance due on arrival.
- Balance of the rental amount must be received in full prior to occupancy if paying by direct deposit, or credit card/cash on arrival. If not the owner has the right to cancel the booking and attempt to re let it.
- Cancellation if caused by the client, money paid is not refundable unless the house is re-let for the entire period. If it a refund is made due to the property being re-let then a $50 cancellation fee will apply.
- The owners will make every effort to ensure the property is available as booked. However the owners reserve the right to make alterations to bookings due to unforeseen circumstances.
- To maintain a good standard for our guests we require certain conditions to be complied with. We appreciate most will respect our property but the occasional abuse requires that we state the following conditions.
- Number of Guests should not exceed the number stated on the Confirmation Notice or subsequently agreed in writing or email. Fees will apply for excess guests not agreed with the owners in advance.
- Parties and Functions are strictly prohibited. The price charged is for domestic use only and not commercial. Accordingly this rate does not allow for the extra wear associated with functions in terms of cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs etc. Use contrary to this may result in loss of your bond and/or additional payments.
- Damage, Breakages, Theft and Loss are the tenants responsibility during their stay.
- Departure - the property should be left in a similar state to its condition on arrival. Check-out time is 10:00 by the latest, to allow time to prepare property for next guests.
- Disturbance to our neighbours, including excessive noise, is prohibited and may result in termination of rental and loss of bond. A $200 bond is payable at the same time as the balance amount (alternatively a credit card number can be left for security). The bond will be refunded within 14 days in full subject to the above conditions being met. It is designed to cover any additional costs incurred including but not limited to, any breakage, damage or excess cleaning requirements, extra guests beyond those declared, etc.
- Well behaved pets are allowed indoors on non-carpeted areas. Pets are not permitted in bedrooms at any time.
- Loss - the owners take no responsibility for the tenant's personal property.
- Variations to these conditions may only be made by prior arrangements with the owner in writing